Wednesday, January 2, 2013

1/2/13


The town hall clock tower let me know that I was very late today.
Feeling miserable is not a great way to start the day.
Or the year.
I opted for late, instead of a sick day....remembering these words:

"The poor you will always have with you, and you can help them any time you want.
You will not always have me.
She did what she could.
She poured perfume on my body beforehand to prepare for my burial.
Truly, I tell you, wherever the gospel is preached throughout the world,
what she has done will also be told, in memory of her."
Mark 14:7-9

I believe it's the heart that Jesus holds up for us to imitate.
Can't always be rich in resources - 
time, energy, money, knowledge, stamina....time...
But I can always do something.
So, today, as I limp to a slow start in 2013
I am reminding myself to do what I can...
and not kick myself about the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment